About Oshwal Education Trust
The Oshwal Education Trust was instituted in the year 1986 to cater to the high demand of quality education in a small yet progressive business hub of Jamnagar. The lack of proper educational institutions was voiced by the then Governor of Punjab Shri Jaysukhlal Hathi, who was a native of Gujarat, and Shri Lakhamshi Govindji Haria immediately responded to the noble cause by declaring a donation of Rs11,11,111/-. With this generous contribution, the first educational institute of OET – The Kindergarten School was inaugurated by the Mahant of Anandabava Ashram, Mahantshree Devprasadji Maharajshree on 4th December, 1981, in the two garages of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan.
With time, there was a need for a separate building for the school. Shri Kantilal Lakhamshi Haria the then Director of GIDC with his immense hard work and zeal acquired the land on 28/2/1985. GIDC also gifted Oshwal Education Trust, a 4000sq.meter plot of land and a sum of Rs 1.20 lakhs for the construction of the building.
In 1998 the need arose for higher education and it was met by establishing the Shri Gosar Hansraj Gosrani B.Com College and Shri Dharamshi Devraj Nagda B.B.A College. From then on Oshwal Education Trust has achieved milestone after milestone. The combined efforts of the Board of Trustees and Managing Trustees has led to the success/ blooming of the Oshwal Education Trust.
Currently there are 17 educational institutes under the umbrella of Oshwal Education Trust, offering an array of programs from Kindergarten to U.G and P.G degrees.
Oshwal Education Trust has stood by its motto ‘Molding Minds’ and has kept abreast with the emerging educational requirements for students striving for excellence.
The need was felt to have separate Trust for expanding educational activities, and
to meet with the cost of building. Keeping this in mind a trust named Oshwal Education
Trust was established on 14th January, 1986 by Shri Kantilal Lakhmshi Haria with
the following Board of Trustees :-
- Shri Jayantilal Lakhamshi Haria – Mumbai - Chairman
- Shri Ramniklal Keshvji Shah – Jamnagar - Managing Trustee
- Shri Premchand Devshi Shah – Jamnagar Expired
- Shri Chandulal Raichand Shah – Jamnagar Hon. Secretary
- Shri Premchand Virpar Chandaria – Jamnagar Expired
- Shri Dharmshi Devraj Shah – Mumbai Expired
- Shri Gulabchand Devraj Shah – Jamnagar Expired
Shri Kantilal L. Haria then appointed Shri Ramniklal Keshavji Shah as Managing Trustee
of the Trust with total powers. Shri Jayantilal L. Haria was the Chairman of the
Trust at that time.
- Shri Kantilal L.Haria - Chairman - Mumbai
- Shri Ramnikbhai K. Shah - Managing Trustee - Jamnagar
- Shri Chandulal R. Shah - Trustee & Hon. Secretary -Jamnagar
- Shri Mohanlal Gosar Gosrani – Trustee - Mumbai
- Shri Jayntilal L. Haria - Trustee - Mumbai
- Shri Shantilal D.Nagda - Trustee - Mumbai
- Shri Keshavji Meghji Gosarani - Trustee - Thane
- Shri Manishbhai K. Haria - Trustee - Mumbai
- Shri Bhartesh K Shah - Trustee - Jamnagar
- Smt. Alkaben J. Maru - Trustee - Jamnagar
- Shri Rameshbhai K. Shah - Trustee - Vapi
In order to pursue and realise our mission, following are the objectives of the college :
- To provide excellent education in Commerce, Management & in Computer Application.
- To prepare students for rewarding careers in business, industry, service sector and public systems.
- To develop students decision making power and abilities of identifying, formulating and resolving management problems, critically and analytically.
- To inculcate professional ethics in studetns.
- To provide practical training and insight into the complex world of business.
- To train students for career as professional accountants / managers in organisation.
- To provide competent personnel, to the academic and business community.
- To make the students understand their responsibility towards the society.
- To uphold and create awareness and interest in the cultural tradition of our country and to inulcate a sense of appreciation for the culture of other countries of the world.
Managing Trustee's Message
Shri R. K. Shah
In today’s world education has become an inevitable part of our dynamic environment and keeping pace with the modern teaching pedagogy and digitalization is the need of the hour. Oshwal Education Trust has kept up with this pace and it strives by its motto of ‘Molding Minds’ and grooming students for the various competitive spheres of life that lie ahead
Our institutions provide holistic development from kindergarten to post graduation degree courses to gaining professional degrees. Thus, investing in cultivating a future which will be the backbone of our society.
The enthusiasm and zeal of the Board of Trustees, teaching fraternity and non-teaching fraternity of OET managed educational institutes has carved a niche for itself in the city of Jamnagar.
We wholeheartedly welcome you to join us in our aim of attaining new horizons in our pursuit of gaining excellence in the field of education.
Campus Director's Message
Mrs. Snehal Kotak Palan
With a great delight and pleasure, I would proudly place on record the fact that Oshwal Education Trust that manages premier institutes of education has unfolded itself into a gigantic institution of magnificent past and boundless future.
Bestowed with a nicely arrayed Campus, an excellent management, well qualified faculty and a good academic ambience, trust endeavors to transform and groom students’ personality, empowering them to lead a successful professional life.
We have always been at the helm of educating, nurturing and positively shaping the young minds of students and providing them an apt platform to grow and hone their skills.
We have developed a healthy and disciplined environment that ensures quality education through a perfect mix of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities that aims at 360 degree development.
We are thriving excellently to raise the overall standard as well as to bridge the gap between academics & industry requirements.
My best wishes and compliments to all those who contribute to the noblest task of educating and training individuals to cognizant citizens.
Our Vision is to develop this college into an excellent centre
to provide quality education in commerce, manangement and computers to this studetns
to make them mature and balanced persons who can meet the challenges of this dynamic
world and play their roles in creating a better world.